I just re-watched "Deus ex Machina" from season 1. I think that Anthony Cooper is Esau/MIB/Fake Locke. We are not sure of Anthony Cooper's real name. We were just told that he was twice the age of Locke's mother when she became pregnant.
MIB needs John Locke's body to be able to return to manipulate Ben into killing Jacob. We have already seen Anthony Cooper use John Locke's body to harvest a kidney. Remember, in "The Brig" Cooper tries to taunt John into killing him, fails, and then taunts Sawyer into killing him.
There is a parallel to Anthony Cooper already on the island: Christian Shephard. In Season 6, Jack may have a confrontation with his own father. Perhaps he will be goaded into killing him, or perhaps he will choose not to.
I think the 1977 Losties will either wake up in the jungle and experience the 108 days of Oceanic 815 all over again, or will wake up in the jungle in the year 2007. I am more inclined to believe that they will wake up in 2004, and will somehow make a truncated journey to 2007. The war will be between Fake Locke and Jack. Ilyana and her friends will be on Jack's side.
MIB needs John Locke's body to be able to return to manipulate Ben into killing Jacob. We have already seen Anthony Cooper use John Locke's body to harvest a kidney. Remember, in "The Brig" Cooper tries to taunt John into killing him, fails, and then taunts Sawyer into killing him.
There is a parallel to Anthony Cooper already on the island: Christian Shephard. In Season 6, Jack may have a confrontation with his own father. Perhaps he will be goaded into killing him, or perhaps he will choose not to.
I think the 1977 Losties will either wake up in the jungle and experience the 108 days of Oceanic 815 all over again, or will wake up in the jungle in the year 2007. I am more inclined to believe that they will wake up in 2004, and will somehow make a truncated journey to 2007. The war will be between Fake Locke and Jack. Ilyana and her friends will be on Jack's side.