So I was just brainstorming the other day and came up with a theory and decided to post it on here and see what people think. Its a new theory (as far as I know) and definitely different than most theories.
So what we already know is that Jacob and MIB have been on the island for hundreds of years now. I am not sure how they exactly got there but I believe they were stranded there or were born there. I know this is far out there, but maybe Jacob and MIB are actually lovers. They became lovers and someone came between them, maybe Richard, and they began to have their differences of opinion. I know some people theorize that Richard came onto the island from the Black Rock ship but maybe he has been there longer than we think. So I believe at some point Jacob left MIB for Richard and they lived under ths statue and MIB was stuck living alone in the cabin. That brings us to the discussion on the beach and MIB wanting to kill Jacob, because he was mad/sad and felt betrayed. But when it comes down to it, MIB might be able to physically be able to kill Jacob, but mentally he cant build the courage to do it, so he uses Locke as a pawn to kill Jacob.
Furthermore, when MIB realizes what he has done, he regrets his decision and since he has the ability to control the island, he goes back in time to change things (reverse his decision to have Jacob killed) or even heals Jacob.
All of this leads up to other unforeseen events in the near future that eventually kills everyone on the island, including Jacob and MIB (course correction for changing the past). And it turns out that the Adam and Eve skeleton found in S1 are actually Jacob and MIB laying together (black/white stones, black clothes/white clothes, good/evil)...since they can't live alone, they die together. It would be a nice romantic way of ending the show and knowing that they ended up together.
Just a thought, let me know what you think
So what we already know is that Jacob and MIB have been on the island for hundreds of years now. I am not sure how they exactly got there but I believe they were stranded there or were born there. I know this is far out there, but maybe Jacob and MIB are actually lovers. They became lovers and someone came between them, maybe Richard, and they began to have their differences of opinion. I know some people theorize that Richard came onto the island from the Black Rock ship but maybe he has been there longer than we think. So I believe at some point Jacob left MIB for Richard and they lived under ths statue and MIB was stuck living alone in the cabin. That brings us to the discussion on the beach and MIB wanting to kill Jacob, because he was mad/sad and felt betrayed. But when it comes down to it, MIB might be able to physically be able to kill Jacob, but mentally he cant build the courage to do it, so he uses Locke as a pawn to kill Jacob.
Furthermore, when MIB realizes what he has done, he regrets his decision and since he has the ability to control the island, he goes back in time to change things (reverse his decision to have Jacob killed) or even heals Jacob.
All of this leads up to other unforeseen events in the near future that eventually kills everyone on the island, including Jacob and MIB (course correction for changing the past). And it turns out that the Adam and Eve skeleton found in S1 are actually Jacob and MIB laying together (black/white stones, black clothes/white clothes, good/evil)...since they can't live alone, they die together. It would be a nice romantic way of ending the show and knowing that they ended up together.
Just a thought, let me know what you think