One of the biggest mysteries of LOST that kept people tuning in week after week, and then months after months are the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 and their meaning.
These are the numbers used in the Valenzetti equation, which DHARMA hopes to use to first predict, and THEN alter in hopes of changing the date of humankind's destruction.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation
The whole purpose of that points to a "CHANGE" of some sort that will cause at least one of the numbers to CHANGE.
The Lostpedia article also says that up to 2006, the efforts to effect a change in the numbers have failed.
Enter the O6, aka the Variables.
As some people have been saying, they're the Island's attempt at 'course correction' but maybe course correction doesn't mean to put an event back to the way it 'should have been', but an improvement on the "WH,H" timeline as it already happened.
Depending on the producers and their basic intent of pursuing either nihilism, or purpose, I'd say the goal of resetting the date of human destruction is a fairly worthy goal that would make for a depressing enterprise should it fail.
So far, I'd say there MUST be a reason for our LOSTIES to be undergoing evolution of their personalities. Their outlooks are changing, I believe, and since this indicates PURPOSE, I'd say the intent to change the future date of death for humankind WILL be realized.
Hope, Purpose, Metamorphosis.
Also, it's interesting that there actually is a Doomsday Equation in the real world:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_argument
P.S. - Thanks Dark, for a great diversion to everyday life!
These are the numbers used in the Valenzetti equation, which DHARMA hopes to use to first predict, and THEN alter in hopes of changing the date of humankind's destruction.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation
The whole purpose of that points to a "CHANGE" of some sort that will cause at least one of the numbers to CHANGE.
The Lostpedia article also says that up to 2006, the efforts to effect a change in the numbers have failed.
Enter the O6, aka the Variables.
As some people have been saying, they're the Island's attempt at 'course correction' but maybe course correction doesn't mean to put an event back to the way it 'should have been', but an improvement on the "WH,H" timeline as it already happened.
Depending on the producers and their basic intent of pursuing either nihilism, or purpose, I'd say the goal of resetting the date of human destruction is a fairly worthy goal that would make for a depressing enterprise should it fail.
So far, I'd say there MUST be a reason for our LOSTIES to be undergoing evolution of their personalities. Their outlooks are changing, I believe, and since this indicates PURPOSE, I'd say the intent to change the future date of death for humankind WILL be realized.
Hope, Purpose, Metamorphosis.
Also, it's interesting that there actually is a Doomsday Equation in the real world:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_argument
P.S. - Thanks Dark, for a great diversion to everyday life!