Now that we know that Daniel has a musical background, it is furthering my theory that Daniel has a larger role in the whole scheme of things. Knowing Daniel's educational background and learning more about his childhood and the experiemtns and research that he worked with, I believe that Daniel is responsible for the design and creation of the Lamppost Dharma station to help find the island and would explain why his Mom knows about it and how it works since she is originally a hostile herself. Due to the updated knowledge of the musical background, I also feel that he may have been the musician that programmed the Looking glass too. He knew about the Hydrogen bomb and that they had to bury it and I feel we will find out more about that exact location soon, probably under a hatch somewhere. Daniel knew that the swan was being built over another energy source and he may not have been involved in the original desig! n as Radzinski seemed to have that role, but after the impending incident and release of energy, he may have designed the button pushing system to control the leak, similar to the tempest hatch/station was designed to prevent the release of deadly gases too. Daniel know from his journal how to "solve" that issue when they first arrived on the island. We also know that the Orchid was in the infantile stages of development when Daniel got back in 1977 and had not been completed hours before the incident at the swan. I feel that Daniel was able to create the rest of the orchid station after the incident to further his time traveling experiments and create the chamber that Ben and Locke came across before Ben turned the wheel and left for Tunisia.
Daniel may have been going though a time loop of sorts and making adjustments with each reat of the time frame based on notes from his journal. Because he is the son of Eloise and Widmore, this may account for his ties and relationships with the others/hostiles. I believe that Daniel may turn out to be Jacob and continuiing his quest to course correct everything by putting people where they need to be, Ie the lists that Jacob creates.
I know this has holes, but does anybody really have the answers :-)
Daniel may have been going though a time loop of sorts and making adjustments with each reat of the time frame based on notes from his journal. Because he is the son of Eloise and Widmore, this may account for his ties and relationships with the others/hostiles. I believe that Daniel may turn out to be Jacob and continuiing his quest to course correct everything by putting people where they need to be, Ie the lists that Jacob creates.
I know this has holes, but does anybody really have the answers :-)