LOST Theories - DarkUFO

Metaphysical Backgammon by Ashleigh

My entire theory for the show I think is much simpler than it seems. I feel like a lot of it can be explained pretty easily.
(I'm not going to state ALL the evidence for my theory because I feel like if you know Lost well it will make sense anyhow)

In season one (the biggest clue I feel) Locke is speaking w/ Walt and says
Locke: Backgammon is the oldest game in the world. Archaeologists found sets when they excavated the ruins of ancient Mesopotamia. Five thousand years old. That's older than Jesus Christ.
Walt: Did they have dice and stuff?
Locke: [nods] But their dice weren't made of plastic. Their dice were made of human bone.
Walt: Cool.
Locke: Two players. Two sides. One is light. One is dark
THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Their dice were made of human bone
(Of course it's a game: two players: light and dark
MIB and JACOB are simply playing a game-but it's more than just a game- it's on a much GRANDER scale! So what's the metaphysical game?
The game is this: Should the world stay in existence?
"it's only ends once, everything before that is just progress."
There are RULES. Both MIB/JACOB have set up a series of rules for reasons I'm not sure yet which will prob. be explained but I think we know about some of those rules.
Are people inherently good or evil? It's a test. A game. A sample of people that they have chosen to bring this Island (A sort of Eden if you will ie the adam and eve episode)

Candidates: Who win's the game? What do they get?

The 'winners' of this game will probably live in a garden of eden.

So the war is waged, sides have now been taken, who will triumph?

We'll see....

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus