LOST Theories - DarkUFO

Webster’s describes Deus ex machina as a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.

I put a lot of time and effort into this television program. I was there from season 1. I bare a scar on my right elbow from a fight over limited seating surrounding a small MacBook because in Firenze we had to watch season 2 a day late courtesy of iTunes. Seasons 3 and 4 are a blur. Living in LA through season 5 affected my relationships, as I had to ignore all East Coast contact prior to show time, in fear that key information would be leaked.

Someone asked after last week’s post if I enjoyed the season 6 premiere. My answer is — like the New York Knicks quest to get under the salary cap for the summer of 2010– we must stay the course. Be patient. Answers will come in time. Enjoy the precious few moments we have left.

But now, after all this, I am supposed to just accept explanations from a Chinese dude I met a week ago. That’s the contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty. I always said it’s impossible for LOST to jump the shark. Now I’m not so sure…

lost shark jumping Holy Lost! – Breaking Down Season 6, Episode 3: “What Kate Does”

Quote of the episode: “I don’t want to stick you with needles if I don’t have to.” – Dr. Ethan

Something I didn’t mention last week — how much does it suck to be Sawyer right now? He loses his chick. Then he wakes up in the jungle. She’s alive. And then she dies. All. Over. Again.

I was interested to see what exactly was in Claire’s suitcase. She asked to get it right after Kate kicked her out of the car. But after seeing the contents, there was nothing so vital in there. The only notable piece was the Shamu the Killer Whale stuffed animal — another black/white reference, similar to the stuffed panda that Jin delivered to one of his boss’s enemies.

One of the only other shows I watch consistently is It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I made mention to Mac’s cameo a couple of season’s ago, when he stood guard outside the Brainwashing Center. If you remember, Carl was hooked up Clockwork Orange style and forced to watch messages about Jacob. This is key for a couple of reasons. (1) Combine this with last week’s appearance of the Oceanic Stewardess and we know the Temple folk are on the same side as the people Ben and Richard led for a while. (2) The creators/writers clearly want us to remember that brainwashing incident. (3) Connect the dots between the brainwashing incident, Sayid being “taken over by a dark force,” Rousseau and Desmond injecting themselves when they were in isolation, and now Claire being the neo-Rousseau (which I’ll get to)…the “sickness” is probably the first big question that will be answered. Check Out The Full Theory Here:

http://www.thecampussocialite.com/?p=9893

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus