You know I doubt any ppl here will believe that through my obsession of LOST I've actually had a lot of freaky dreams about the show. The funny thing was, weather it be subconscious thinking or just the culmination of theories and such I've read online, they've manifested fascinating and unique takes on the future of the show, and sometimes I saw a few startlingly accurate. Just a quick example, after season 2 ended we all wondered where the other's lived, and I had a dream that me and a few other characters (I think it was kate and Sayid) went looking for them. We came to the "line you don't cross" and we saw a tower in the distance. We wondered why there was a creepy line. We took a rock and threw it and instantly it was blown to bits by a sniper (a dream sendoff to Jack's line about the sniper when they encountered Tom when chasing after Kate and Michael). Somehow we got around it and ended up in a log cabin/c! amping ground area where the other's lived and where spying on them for a distance and saw them dressed normally. I know, like I said that this might seem like complete bull, but thinking about it, those dreams aren't really that original and at the same time, even though they happened before the 3rd season started, there were enough clues laid out to make me think that up in a dream (although the line thing creeped me out because of what happened to Mikhail when Locke through him across...)
Regardless, last night I had a dream that really shocked me in how it put things into context in a few ways. This may come across as complete lunacy, but bare in mind that this is more of a recollection and an interpretation then a theory, but I have ideas that pop up which I think could possibly play into the final season.
First off the dream took place moments after Jughead went off. What happened was that we were whisked back into the ancient times of the island when a bunch of people where building huts around the beach and in the center of the island (think the beginning of Transformers 2) that looked slightly advanced. Only a few of us were there (Jack and Sawyer) while the rest had disappeared onto the island in another time where NOTHING was there or a threat. What happened next was that we encountered Jacob and Esaut (yes he said his name was Esaut lol like in my mind the writers would change the name so it would sound cooler or not reflect our theories on the name exactly). The interesting thing that shocked me was that they were both seemingly the leaders of these people. And the first thing I noticed was that both of them were wearing the opposite colors then they had in the finale. Easu(t) was wearing white, while Jacob was wearing black.
They weren’t shocked to see us at all; in fact they seemed to know EXACTLY who we were. They told us we ended up here cause the island wanted us too. When we asked what happened to Juliet and the rest, they said that the island had other plans for them and that it was keeping them safe (hmmmm). And I don’t know it seemed like Jacob was more nefarious then we’ve seen him. Like he had some creepy agenda about control. Then the next thing that happened was just plain weird. We were in a type of amphitheatre and Esau(t) was placing various mini statues in place in front of all the seats, both blue and red. These little statues where supposed to be part of this ritual/prayer/vote or something, I mean like it was freaking Ancient Lost Parliament or something, and thought it might seem random, what they where trying to do was interesting. Both Jacob and Esau(t) actually where trying to get the people to vote on something, or convince them of something. It was weird but there ! was a clear distinction that both of them where hell-bent on bending the minds of these people.
I woke up after that cause my phone rang, but it was funny that I dreamt what I did, cause almost the whole thing was complete and utter bull. I mean I know half of that sounded completely random or weird. But what was worth mentioning to you was that actually visualizing it in my head was the craziest, cause some of what happened actually felt like it wasn’t hard to believe. I feel like my mind was trying to pick up on the fact that the bomb absolutely didn’t reset time and that the Losties where all idiots. I very much doubt that they will travel back in time (been there done that), but I did find the fact that Juliet was specifically mentioned to be “alive and safe, cause the island wanted it. She’s one of the lucky ones”. THAT surprised me, cause despite what may or may not happen with Elizabeth Mitchell being on V now, I really did think she was a goner (which was a shame cause I loved her way more then Kate). What if the island really could do that? Moments b! efore the blast goes off transports all of them somewhere or the bomb and nullifies it (which I’ve gone into detail about in other posts with the hatch and Desmond).
Next the depiction of Jacob and Esau(t). I found it so hilarious that the name was changed so it was the same as Esau, but a bit different for the sake of fiction. It really entertained me, because like the other characters that are named after biblical figures or historical people, the names are always altered a little, or not at all (cough John Locke). Seeing them in opposite colored clothing showed me that maybe it was meant to throw us off, that they really aren’t black and white, but both have their own agendas for the greater good (or at least think they do in their mind). And what was even more pressing was that Jacob was not the man we thought he was in the dream. The other man was so much more sympathetic, like wanted to really show people that they had a choice, while Jacob tried to make them believe that there was no such thing as choice and that destiny would always dictate their future. To me the man in black in the finale really is just bitter about the fact ! that he has never been able to stop Jacob from his game. He hates Jacob cause he hates how Jacob tries to make these elaborate games out of life and humanity. He then over the years turns into the man that we all think is the villain of the story cause he took over Locke’s body and carried out his plan. But when you think about it, all because he’s done what he’s done, maybe it was for some good reason.
What also we interesting for me to think of is the back story of both Jacob and black shirt. What was confusing to me besides who was really in the cabin was the idea of the possession aspect that the monster/black shirt has. It made me wonder if he’s a spirit and that the guy in the finale was just a host, so that maybe in killing Jacob, Jacob would be able to do the same thing and take over another body (and for some reason I feel like Claire is going to be taken over or a vessel of the master plan). The very fact he was in Locke form made me wonder why we didn’t see him again in original form. It also made me think, what if Jacob had been trying to do the same thing to him these years. What if Jacob gave Richard Alpert immortality as a reward/curse for his role against his nemesis? The fact that the monster is an amorphous cloud that can do crazy things I think alludes to the nature of these two beings, in how they really are a couple of guys who use smoke and mirrors! in their game. The monster plays interference for one of them and is supposed to protect those who don’t break the rules, but at the same time it does download the memories of scanned people into the island and kills those not worthy of redemption. Most importantly to my theory though is in regards to a certain girl who got scanned in season three? Juliet…I found this very important. Juliet was the only character who didn’t have Jacob in the flashback in the finale, BUT she had been scanned before by the monster…coincidence? The island HAS a plan for Juliet, there is something very significant to her being scanned (like with Eko and Locke) which we have yet to see, and it goes beyond Jughead.
Please remember that the dream stuff is just me recollecting a dream and doesn’t reflect my view of the show, but some of the things I saw in the dream definitely has given me a new view on a few mysteries for the final season. But I think the most important aspect I’m taking out of the dream is what happened to Juliet…I feel like I found a very obscure clue in my recollection, which will show why she is still important to the endgame.
Regardless, last night I had a dream that really shocked me in how it put things into context in a few ways. This may come across as complete lunacy, but bare in mind that this is more of a recollection and an interpretation then a theory, but I have ideas that pop up which I think could possibly play into the final season.
First off the dream took place moments after Jughead went off. What happened was that we were whisked back into the ancient times of the island when a bunch of people where building huts around the beach and in the center of the island (think the beginning of Transformers 2) that looked slightly advanced. Only a few of us were there (Jack and Sawyer) while the rest had disappeared onto the island in another time where NOTHING was there or a threat. What happened next was that we encountered Jacob and Esaut (yes he said his name was Esaut lol like in my mind the writers would change the name so it would sound cooler or not reflect our theories on the name exactly). The interesting thing that shocked me was that they were both seemingly the leaders of these people. And the first thing I noticed was that both of them were wearing the opposite colors then they had in the finale. Easu(t) was wearing white, while Jacob was wearing black.
They weren’t shocked to see us at all; in fact they seemed to know EXACTLY who we were. They told us we ended up here cause the island wanted us too. When we asked what happened to Juliet and the rest, they said that the island had other plans for them and that it was keeping them safe (hmmmm). And I don’t know it seemed like Jacob was more nefarious then we’ve seen him. Like he had some creepy agenda about control. Then the next thing that happened was just plain weird. We were in a type of amphitheatre and Esau(t) was placing various mini statues in place in front of all the seats, both blue and red. These little statues where supposed to be part of this ritual/prayer/vote or something, I mean like it was freaking Ancient Lost Parliament or something, and thought it might seem random, what they where trying to do was interesting. Both Jacob and Esau(t) actually where trying to get the people to vote on something, or convince them of something. It was weird but there ! was a clear distinction that both of them where hell-bent on bending the minds of these people.
I woke up after that cause my phone rang, but it was funny that I dreamt what I did, cause almost the whole thing was complete and utter bull. I mean I know half of that sounded completely random or weird. But what was worth mentioning to you was that actually visualizing it in my head was the craziest, cause some of what happened actually felt like it wasn’t hard to believe. I feel like my mind was trying to pick up on the fact that the bomb absolutely didn’t reset time and that the Losties where all idiots. I very much doubt that they will travel back in time (been there done that), but I did find the fact that Juliet was specifically mentioned to be “alive and safe, cause the island wanted it. She’s one of the lucky ones”. THAT surprised me, cause despite what may or may not happen with Elizabeth Mitchell being on V now, I really did think she was a goner (which was a shame cause I loved her way more then Kate). What if the island really could do that? Moments b! efore the blast goes off transports all of them somewhere or the bomb and nullifies it (which I’ve gone into detail about in other posts with the hatch and Desmond).
Next the depiction of Jacob and Esau(t). I found it so hilarious that the name was changed so it was the same as Esau, but a bit different for the sake of fiction. It really entertained me, because like the other characters that are named after biblical figures or historical people, the names are always altered a little, or not at all (cough John Locke). Seeing them in opposite colored clothing showed me that maybe it was meant to throw us off, that they really aren’t black and white, but both have their own agendas for the greater good (or at least think they do in their mind). And what was even more pressing was that Jacob was not the man we thought he was in the dream. The other man was so much more sympathetic, like wanted to really show people that they had a choice, while Jacob tried to make them believe that there was no such thing as choice and that destiny would always dictate their future. To me the man in black in the finale really is just bitter about the fact ! that he has never been able to stop Jacob from his game. He hates Jacob cause he hates how Jacob tries to make these elaborate games out of life and humanity. He then over the years turns into the man that we all think is the villain of the story cause he took over Locke’s body and carried out his plan. But when you think about it, all because he’s done what he’s done, maybe it was for some good reason.
What also we interesting for me to think of is the back story of both Jacob and black shirt. What was confusing to me besides who was really in the cabin was the idea of the possession aspect that the monster/black shirt has. It made me wonder if he’s a spirit and that the guy in the finale was just a host, so that maybe in killing Jacob, Jacob would be able to do the same thing and take over another body (and for some reason I feel like Claire is going to be taken over or a vessel of the master plan). The very fact he was in Locke form made me wonder why we didn’t see him again in original form. It also made me think, what if Jacob had been trying to do the same thing to him these years. What if Jacob gave Richard Alpert immortality as a reward/curse for his role against his nemesis? The fact that the monster is an amorphous cloud that can do crazy things I think alludes to the nature of these two beings, in how they really are a couple of guys who use smoke and mirrors! in their game. The monster plays interference for one of them and is supposed to protect those who don’t break the rules, but at the same time it does download the memories of scanned people into the island and kills those not worthy of redemption. Most importantly to my theory though is in regards to a certain girl who got scanned in season three? Juliet…I found this very important. Juliet was the only character who didn’t have Jacob in the flashback in the finale, BUT she had been scanned before by the monster…coincidence? The island HAS a plan for Juliet, there is something very significant to her being scanned (like with Eko and Locke) which we have yet to see, and it goes beyond Jughead.
Please remember that the dream stuff is just me recollecting a dream and doesn’t reflect my view of the show, but some of the things I saw in the dream definitely has given me a new view on a few mysteries for the final season. But I think the most important aspect I’m taking out of the dream is what happened to Juliet…I feel like I found a very obscure clue in my recollection, which will show why she is still important to the endgame.