I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, and it still doesn't completely make sense yet, but here me out. Ok so we have one group of losties stuck in 1977 with the Dharma folks, and we have another group of losties on Hydra Island with the statue shadow people. Now the thing you have to realize now is that the timeline for all of these characters are still in synch with each other.
I.E. Their observed presents are aligned with each other even though they are in different times. It sounds confusing, but if you read it a couple of times, it might make sense.
Now on to the Incident...Dum Dum Dum(dramatic pause).
Before Faraday was offed by his mommy, he had a plan to find Jughead and detonate it. I believe that now Jack is going to try to complete this task. Here's were it gets interesting. I believe that Locke and Co. are also going to try to detonate the bomb. Its sounds rediculous, but remember my theory that their present perspectives are still aligned. So what would happen if someone in 1977 and 2007-ish detonated the same bomb, at the "same time"? The Incident, a massive explosion of radioactive fallout and lets throw in a healthy dose of electro-magnetic force. This will cause some sort of rip in the space/time continuum that will transport the Dharma losties back to the future, which is still everyone's present. I know, it sounds really complicated, but I think it's a cool idea. Let me know what you think.
I.E. Their observed presents are aligned with each other even though they are in different times. It sounds confusing, but if you read it a couple of times, it might make sense.
Now on to the Incident...Dum Dum Dum(dramatic pause).
Before Faraday was offed by his mommy, he had a plan to find Jughead and detonate it. I believe that now Jack is going to try to complete this task. Here's were it gets interesting. I believe that Locke and Co. are also going to try to detonate the bomb. Its sounds rediculous, but remember my theory that their present perspectives are still aligned. So what would happen if someone in 1977 and 2007-ish detonated the same bomb, at the "same time"? The Incident, a massive explosion of radioactive fallout and lets throw in a healthy dose of electro-magnetic force. This will cause some sort of rip in the space/time continuum that will transport the Dharma losties back to the future, which is still everyone's present. I know, it sounds really complicated, but I think it's a cool idea. Let me know what you think.