LOST Theories - DarkUFO

This is my first little theory, so be gentle. :-)

So, I was thinking back on the other seasons and it occurred to me that the only people Smokey potentially manifests as are the people who have died and have not been buried.

The first one I can think of is Christian, assuming that he is Smokey. Jack found the coffin, but he never found the body and was never able to put it to rest. The same with Mr. Eko's brother Yemi and Alex. Mr. Eko found his brother's body and then when he went looking for him again, it had disappeared.

I can't really think of any characters that have died and were buried that have reappeared on the island somewhere.

Also, this could be one of the reasons that Amy was so adamant about burying the men that attacked her in Season 5.

If this is true, then maybe it will be possible to stop Smokey from manifesting as John by burying the body, unless it disappears first.

This is just an idea and I'm really interested to know what other people think about it!

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus