LOST Theories - DarkUFO

Annie Wallace and the Volcano by Mr. Cluck

First of all, I apologize for submitting this in the theory section, because there is no shorter "idea" section. I know a lot of people are complaining about the volume of theories being submitted lately, but I just wanted to bring this little snippet of information to the forefront in light of what's to come in season 6.

Ever since it was mentioned that there was a volcano on the island, I always imagined a scene at the end of Lost where we would eventually get to see the volcano again in full bloom, either erupting or at the very least the crater ruins as depicted on Rousseau's map. Or maybe I'm thinking too much of the climactic good vs. evil fight on Mustafar at the end of "Revenge of the Sith." Nonetheless, it would be a pretty cool visual to add to the repertoire of Lost, along with the deep dark cave of names and the large lighthouse compass dial. I say we shouldn't rule out the volcano's appearance by the end of the series. Like the lighthouse, it's something none of our characters seem to have come across yet, but it's just too big a geographical anomaly to ignore. Think about it.

There's also a lot of talk about this Wallace character, number 108 (scratched off) on the lighthouse dial. While it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that Desmond is the one who's coming to the island to save them all (which I think is TOO obvious because we can all see it coming), can I maybe point out the fact that Annie (Ben's childhood crush) has been AWOL all these years? I think that Ben never had to heart to gas her along with the other Dharmafolk at the "purge." I think somehow she got away...

Maybe Annie is 108-Wallace and she's coming to save them all? I know it seems unlikely, but I will be very angry if Wallace is another surname for a character we already know, a la Jeremy Bentham.

On the commentary track for "The Man Behind the Curtain," Damon and Carlton describes Annie as a character that's going to play a "huge part" in upcoming storylines. "Annie is going to prove to be very significant in Ben's life," and that even the island's volcano will be "slightly less important than Annie, but still seismic." Two huge clues in one episode? Coincidence...or not.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus