This will be short. I have looked through a lot of theories and have not seen one similar to mine, so here goes. This is my first time, so be gentle. I think the whole reason we see Jacob going back to some of the characters' pasts before 815 is that the nuke actually sent them back to well before the crash. So, Jacob had to find them and touch them so he could influence them to come to the Island again. I don't think they will remember, but I do think they might have vague deja vu-like feelings when they 're-do' things. Who knows what iteration we're on now? For all we know, this could be the fifth time they have looped around. That of course would mean that they are all basically oblivious to their situation, but it is possible. Perhaps some have stronger feelings about it, such as Locke with his predicting the rain and such. Perhaps others are just in denial about their feelings. Let me know what yo! u think.