LOST Theories - DarkUFO

The place we all created together by Silfurstar

How could Christian's words at the end of the show not ring true to everyone of us, Lost fans, who have watched the show for so long, and spent so much time of our lives on this Island with those characters ?

I think the double meaning was completely intentional, and though it's probably not a groundbreaking theory (it might even be so obvious that I'm now making a fool of myself), I was struck so hard by those words the third time I watched the final scene, that I thought it was necessary to share it with all of you.

*Jack - Where are we ?
*Christian - This is the place that you all made together so you could find one another.

I can see "the place" as being the online community, the forums, the websites, darkufo, lostpedia, the actors, the writers, all those that contributed to this collective conscience of being part of something important.
We all made it together, so we could find one another (fans, actors and creators of Lost).

*Christian - The most important part of your life is the time you spent with these people.

Ok, not necessarely "the most important" of our lives, but in the context of the show, maybe the time we all spent together, talking/thinking about all the mysteries, all the details... I know that was damn important to me. The time we spent with the characters on the Island (don't know about you, but I feel like I was there with them so many times), the time we spent (as a community) discussing with the writers or actors (conventions, ...), all of this was so important.

*Christian - That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you.

We all needed each other, the community, to understand the show better, to give it some flesh when it lacked some, to believe in it years after years. Maybe the writers or actors needed our inputs, our reactions, to shape it in a better show that it would have ever been. At least, they needed us to watch and share the experience.

Again, I know it's not a theory in the strict sense of the word. But I think it might be some of the most meaningful realization I had while rewatching "the end".

It's not part of the show's mythology or storyline, it's just another way to listen to these words, on a second/third/subsequent watch.

Try it, and maybe you'll also feel like I do now. Part of something special that I will remember my whole life.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus