LOST Theories - DarkUFO

How to Kill a God by Hellorevolver

I recently reread the Wikipedia entry on Apep, a much favored embodiment of the Smoke Monster.

The article reveals Egyptian priests advice on how to fight Apep should you encounter him which I found quite interesting. The list is as follows:

Spitting Upon Apep
Defiling Apep with the Left Foot
Taking a Lance to Smite Apep
Fettering Apep
Taking a Knife to Smite Apep
Laying Fire Upon Apep

I'm not entirely sure how much I want to attribute to either Smokey,Jacob or MIB on this but these directions, obviously, ring true with some ideas we are familiar with. I'd like to focus on the ones that are apparent to myself.

Defiling of the Left Foot is quite curious since we all know the biggest left foot in town rests right above Jacobs head; perhaps stuck there against his will which leads into my next thought.

Fettering, or imprisoning a God, conjures images of Jacobs Cabin, a broken ash circle, and whispers of "Help Me".

Speaking of Jacob, taking a knife to and laying fire upon, of course, nicely sums up the last moments of Jacobs life (as we know it) quite well.

I'm not sure if I've had enough time to form any solid opinions but I thought I'd offer it up to other theorists to devour.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus