LOST Theories - DarkUFO

My Ultimate Lost Theory has become "An Ode to Lost".

As Jacob said "Come and sit down and I’ll tell you what they died for. . . I’ll tell you why I chose them . . . and why I chose you. And then I’ll tell you everything you need to know about protecting this island, because by the time that fire burns out, one of you is gonna have to start doing it"

I could not help but become emotional during this scene because I finally came out of denial and realized that, this is it. I realized the characters that I have invited in my living room over the years and watch heal their emotional wounds have finally became healed and are packing up and moving on into a universe unknown.

I realized at that moment that Jacob was speaking to the audience when he said "I'll tell you why I chose you".

Yes, That’s right I believe Lost chose us. It was written quite close to the most horrific moment I have ever experienced in my lifetime which is the horrible 9/11 attacks. I feel as though Lost became an oasis to us from the horrific world conditions and the war in Iraq that, we lost too many people in. We really needed a place to run and hide and the island truly became that place. It was a place that was unseen from the rest of the world, A place where the people that wanted to harm us or the problems that stalked us could never find us, The Island was my true escape. As Jacob said: “I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you”. And those words were oh so true. I needed the show as much as it needed good ratings :).Lost really allowed me to let go of many problems that i had no control of.
When Jacob began his speech to the Losties I totally lost it especially when he said “I didn’t pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were all flawed. I chose you because you were like me. You were all alone."
I lost it because I knew the truth in exactly what Jacob was saying when he admitted he was alone .because during a period of my life I experience extreme depression partly because of my own actions, and during that time I realized most of my friends were superficial ,and even though I was around so many people I was alone like Jacob and our losties. but it was okay because at the moment I was not the only one who was flawed and who was alone, because everyone around that fire was just like me and that was not only a jarring moment for me but a healing one.

Yes, knowing the character back stories we became aware of their flaws .However through their flaws we were able to heal our own .
Jack: He needed to let go of things he had no control of and needed to stop having the need to fix things
These were flaws of mine that I know all to well and have caused the most serious problems in my life but because of jack I can see them now and I can fix them.
Kate: She was like jack and wanted to fix her mother’s problem and always was on the run.
Because of Kate I did not run from my problems which was planning to do but became strong like her and was able to hold my own and because of this character I am the hugest Patsy Cline fan and I’m black c’mon without lost I may have never paid attention to patsy and missed out on her beautiful melodies.
Sayid: The republican guard solider “the supposed enemy” I realized being enemies with people is so absurd because when it comes down to it we as humans fight for the same thing love, distrust, and for integrity of the country we were born in ,which is beyond our control. I was truly able to see the heart of someone who most people in real life would judge.
Locke: I think every line that Locke said was touching but I believe the three most meaningful scenes with Locke is his Meat and Potatoes conversation with when he said” But this place is different. It's special. The others don't want to talk about it because it scares them. But we all know it. We all feel it “(referring to the island.) I could not help but think he was talking about earth and how people get scared when they are close to learning the meaning and origin of life. My second favorite Locke moment was the moth conversation he had with Charlie about how we may go through bad things in life is for we can become stronger and be able to get through things we may not be prepared for otherwise. And my last favorite Locke moment is when we see Locke become a believer again and ask Jack for the surgery. To see a broken man who once had faith like no other regain it again was very touching
The Smoke Monster: Who reminded me that everyone answers to someone.


I saw myself in each of the characters and in many others and if I did not see myself in them I learned a true lesson from each of them.
Lost has become a true inspiration for me and never in a million year I would think it would be possible for me to become as invested in a t.v series as I have become in lost. I’ve written many essays about lost in college because it is so broad of t.v series I was able to write papers for my philosophy, political science , theoretical physics, and my art appreciation classes and because of lost I’ve received A’s and my incredible writing skills ;).
Lost is my favorite show and I will always say that with pride and with meaning.
It is almost over and this will probably be my last entry it has been an incredible reading theories and writing them, being apart of a community with many self proclaimed Sci-Fi geeks, which I will always consider myself.
I will always remember these moments of being lost , with the survivors of flight 815. And I will truly cherish this epic story forever.
I would love to hear how lost impacted you.


Yes,Thats right I believe Lost chose us. It was written quite close to the most horrific moment I have ever experinced in my lifetime which is the horrible 9/11 attacks. I feel as though Lost became an oasis to us from the horrific world conditions and the war in iraq that , we lost to many people in.We really needed a place to run and hide and the island truely became that place. It was a place that was unseen from the rest of the world,Somewhere were the people that wanted to harm us or the prolems that stalked us could never find us, The Island was my true escape. As Jacob said ". I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you".And those words were oh so true.I needed the show as much as it needed good ratings :).Lost really allowed me to let go of many problems that i had no control of.

When Jacob began his speech to the Losties I totally lost it especially when he said "I didn’t pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were all flawed. I chose you because you were like me. You were all alone."
I lost it because i knew the truth in exactly what Jacob was saying when he admited he was alone because during a period of my life I experience extreme depression partly because of my own actions, and during that time i relized most of my friends were superficial and even though I was around so many people I was alone like Jacob and our losties ,but it was okay because at the moment I was not the only in who was flawed and who was alone everyone around that fire was just like me and that was not only a jarring moment for me but an healing one.

Yes the knowing the character back stories and


I saw myself in each of the characters and if u did not see myself in them I learned a true lesson from each of them.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus