LOST Theories - DarkUFO

The End by semalthus

So it happened. Over 6 seasons - seasons that didn't follow the expected format of 20-some episodes over fall and spring and summer reruns - wild theories sprouted regarding good and evil and the importance of the baby Aaron, then the series ended.

This was a series that generated a shitload of speculation, elaborate theories, and massive viewer loyalty.

What it amounted to was the confirmation of a theory floated on the interwebz within the first season.

They all died in the original plane crash.

All of the timelines, all of the theories, all of the love stories, all of them didn't happen. Except that in the end, we are supposed to be satisfied that the stories we watched unfold week after week were necessary for the passengers of Oceanic flight 815 to give themselves memories, to give them purpose, to move on.

Should I consider it a good ride? Did I need to learn that given the chance, each of these characters would redeem themselves?

I don't know.

I guess I am one of the fans that is pissed off by the ending. I wanted them to live. Maybe I've just been subjected to so much death personally in the years that LOST has aired that I wanted there to be life at the end.

I wanted Kate with Sawyer. I loved the anti-hero James Ford, and I always wanted him to win Kate. We never found out what he whispered in Kate's ear right before he leapt from the helicopter. His love with Juliet was sweet, but not as big as it might have been with Kate. Sawyer and Kate, Jack and Juliet, were much better pairings.

I am bitter. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse will never rope me in again.

Farewell, the Lost and broken passengers of Oceanic 815.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus